Skip to content

If two monologues do not make a dialogue…

June 11, 2014

incessant-barking…and if there’s no conversation, can there possibly be a relationship? These things I ponder as I stare into the abyss of an empty comments field. I recently stumbled upon Why No One Comments on Your Blog and What to Do about It, so I thought I’d attempt to answer some of these questions, and ask you to answer some yourself in the comments field below.

1. Do you have a bad comment system? I don’t think so. It’s a WordPress blog. I think they know what they’re doing, but what do you think?
  2. Do you have a poor site design? – It’s getting old. Maybe I need a makeover?
  3. Do you blog as a corporate entity? – Uhhh… Yes, but I try to add some color and humor and value for visitors. How’s that working out?
  4. Do you say anything original? – I’ve written about the Kronos cloud using about 437 metaphors.
  5. Do you have a boring writing style? – Do I?
  6. Do you ignore interaction? – No!
  7. Do you ask for comments? – Does this time count?
  8. Do you write anything really compelling? – This is the audience participation part…
  9. Do you ever get controversial? – See #3 above.
  10. Bonus question: Should I just go back to being a carnival barker?

Kronos customers, partners, competitors, and employees… I know you’re out there, and I lust for your comments, but please keep them lustless. Reading comments after a post or article on any controversial  subject can be quite depressing.

8 Comments leave one →
  1. LeeAnn Wolff permalink
    June 11, 2014 10:36 am

Maybe we’re so in awe of your writing, you leave us speechless, Leo. Or maybe we’re just shy. 🙂

2. Dan Ahrens permalink
    June 12, 2014 9:23 am

I don’t always comment on blogs, but when I do, I make sure to reference internet pop culture. Stay thirsty, Leo.

• June 12, 2014 11:56 am

Dan, I like the humor. How ’bout a guest blog, on, oh, I don’t know… cloud?

3. Ron permalink
    June 12, 2014 10:05 am

Speaking as a software developer, and hence an introvert :-), I can say I read many of your posts, Leo, but am too shy to comment much.

Q: How do you tell an introverted computer scientist from an extroverted computer scientist?

A: An extroverted computer scientist looks at *your* shoes when he talks to you.

• June 12, 2014 12:04 pm

Thanks for commenting, Ron.

“Knock, knock.”

“Who’s there?”

very long pause….

“Java.”

😮

4. June 12, 2014 10:57 am

I read your blog religiously everyday. I enjoy the wit, humor, insight, and effort you put into it. I post my favorites to both LinkedIn and Twitter so my followers can enjoy them as well. I even have a link to your blog in my signature line. You’re writing style is most certainly not boring. My suggestion is a full-blown campaign to get everyone at Kronos to read at least 2-3 per week to see for themselves how insightful your blogs really are. Inevitably they’ll share the valuable information they learn with the rest of our customers and before you know it, you’ll have more comments to read than time to read them.